Over the past few months, Instagram stories has been increasingly popular for personal and for business. So how do you actually get more views on Instagram Story?
Here are a few tips / knowledge that I’ve picked up along the way:
- Only videos can be discovered with the location tag. Concentrate your content on video only. Images will only be discoverable through # and those who are already following you
- Always tag a location whenever you can and be specific. Instagram places priority over an actual location or store compared to a city. For example: Tagging my favourite Tacofino will get more views compared to “Vancouver”. By tagging Tacofino, you are populated in both Tacofino’s Story and in Vancouver Story, increasing your exposure
- Always add mini #. What I mean by mini hashtags is to type out 3-4 hashtags within your story and reduce the size of them so they’re not as prominent and doesn’t take the audience away from your key messaging
- Create a call to action, one that I like to use is to screenshot this story. It stays onto someone’s phone and basically lives forever in their camera roll compared to the 24 hour time limit. Works well for promo code offerings.
- Always add your Instagram handle in your story. For those who are browsing through Location stories, it’s actually very difficult for someone to click onto your handle (it’s tucked away in the corner) so I always include my handle in the story for easier click throughs.
If you have any questions, please send me a private message or visit my Instagram for quality content and my works with brands.
If you are interested in working with me for content creation or social media strategy, send me a note over at firstname.lastname@example.org